RENSSELAER CO., N.Y. — Cornell Cooperative Extension of Rensselaer County 4-H Youth Development would like to welcome all youth in the Capital District who are 14 years and older, to participate in the 2022 Capital District 4-H/HOSTA Tractor Safety Program. This program is a great opportunity for youth who currently work on farms or around machinery, those who will be seeking employment on a farm, or anyone who would just like to learn more about farm and machinery safety. Participants will gain hands-on experience with a variety of equipment including tractors and implements, skid steers, ATVs and chainsaws. They will also visit a variety of agribusinesses, and receive HOSTA certification upon successful completion of the program.
The orientation for this year’s event will be via Zoom on April 7th at 6:30.
Cost is $20 per participant. For more information please call the CCE Office at 518-272-4210 or email Kandis at firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign-up, please visit:
Schedule is below:
- April 7th: Mandatory Orientation (via Zoom)
- April 7-18: Homework to be done independently (Qualtrics)
- April 18th: Presentation by Kinderhook Creek Farm and NYCAMH in Rensselaer County (Stephentown); afternoon KCF Homework Review
- April 19th: Presentation by Saratoga Sod Farm in Schuylerville and Tim Havens Washington County Fairgrounds
- April 20th: Practice Driving and Skid Steer at Washington County Fairgrounds; afternoon Written Test Review – link will be sent out later that day – due midnight on April 21st
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with disabilities and provides equal program and employment opportunities.
–Cornell Cooperative Extension Rensselaer County