OKLAHOMA CITY — The Oklahoma Farm Bureau Young Farmers and Ranchers Committee is now accepting applications for its inaugural $1,000 scholarship for Collegiate Farm Bureau members who are pursuing an agricultural degree.
One scholarship will be presented to an active Collegiate Farm Bureau member attending an Oklahoma college or university.
“We are excited to support collegiate members as they are working toward becoming agricultural professionals,” said Cody Goodnight, OKFB YF&R chair. “We cannot wait to see more collegiate members involved in YF&R throughout the year.”
Applications must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2021. Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be enrolled full time in an agriculture program at an accredited Oklahoma college or university with a Collegiate Farm Bureau chapter
- Must be a Farm Bureau member in good standing for the duration of the scholarship
- Collegiate Farm Bureau members from out-of-state can apply with a valid Farm Bureau membership
- Children of paid employees of Oklahoma Farm Bureau and Affiliated Companies are not eligible
Applicants must also provide the following materials along with the scholarship application:
- A copy of the applicant’s résumé.
- Two essays (500 words maximum for each essay), double-spaced, typed in Times New Roman, 12-point font, answering each of the following questions:
- How can Farm Bureau get collegiate members more involved?
- Explain your preferred career and why you have chosen it.
The application can be found on the OKFB website at okfarmbureau.org/applications. For more information, contact OKFB YF&R Coordinator Zac Swartz at (405) 523-2300.
With six chapters across Oklahoma, Collegiate Farm Bureau is an on-campus club designed to introduce young agriculturalists to the Farm Bureau organization early in their careers. To learn more about Collegiate Farm Bureau, contact Zac Swartz at (405) 523-2300.
–Oklahoma Farm Bureau
For more articles out of Oklahoma, click here.