RALEIGH, N.C. — As most have heard, the recently approved federal labels for dicamba-containing products labeled for over-the-top use to dicamba-tolerant cotton and soybean still require annual training. Therefore, NC State Extension, in cooperation with N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, will continue to provide training to North Carolina famers, applicators, and retailers via the Auxin Herbicides-Best Management Practices training. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the training in 2021 will look differently. See training options below. Also, see attached flyer for distribution.
Live Zoom: 2021 Auxin Herbicides-Best Management Practices
Description: Drs. Charlie Cahoon and Wesley Everman will offer 12 Live Zoom training options. Training will be held weekly from mid-January through late-March. See training dates below. All Live Zoom training will start at 10 a.m. Attendees will use the same Zoom link and passcode for each individual Live Zoom meeting.
For Zoom link and passcode, please contact your county agricultural Extension agent.
Attendee Requirements for Live Zoom training:
- Registration is required before attendee can join the Live Zoom training (this can be completed just before joining the Zoom session).
- Attendee must include name, email address, phone number, county, and NCDA&CS Certification/License number at registration.
- To receive credit for a virtual training, NCDA&CS requires the following of all attendees:
- Identity verification at the beginning of the course and after any breaks.
- Active participation by each attendee throughout course to ensure attendee is present (polling questions will be used for Live Zoom meetings).
- Attendance must be taken at the end of the course.
- No partial credit is given for those that arrive late or leave early.
Click here for a list of dates and times
–Charlie Cahoon, N.C. State Extension