HAYS, Kan. — The Agricultural Research Center in Hays, Kansas will host the 2018 Roundup program on Thursday, April 19, 2018 in the center’s auditorium. Registration and a trade show will begin at 9:00 a.m. Lunch will be provided and there is no cost to attend.
Presentations will begin at 10:00 AM:
- A Historical Look at Climate Variability in the Great Plains – Impacts on Agriculture – Jeffrey Basara, School of Meterology, University of Oklahoma
- Using Intensive Early Stocking in Cow/Calf Production Systems – Keith Harmoney, range scientist, K-State Ag Research Center – Hays
- Pasture Land Values and Rental Rates – Mykel Taylor, agricultural economist, K-State Dept. of Agricultural Economics
- What’s a Bud Box and How Do You Use It? – Justin Waggoner, extension beef cattle specialist, K-State Southwest Research-Extension Center
- Split-Time Artificial Insemination Programs for Beef Cows – John Jaeger, beef Cattle scientist, K-State Ag Research Center – Hays
For more information, contact John Jaeger, firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-625-3425 ext.211
Registration is available at 2018 Roundup Registration, or by contacting Milissa at 785-625-3425 ext.200 or email@example.com. The 2018 Roundup Program is available online at www.hays.k-state.edu/news/RoundUpBrochure.
— K-State Research and Extension
For more news from Kansas, click here.