DENVER — Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 10th International IPM Symposium has been postponed from March 2021 to February 28 – March 3, 2022. Please mark your calendar! We hope everyone will be able to safely join us in person in Denver, Colorado, USA.
Call for Proposals Reopened
The deadline to edit an existing proposal or submit a new proposal is May 7, 2021.
Spread the word to help us get new submissions!
Proposals are invited for program sessions with an organizer and several presenters, as well as for individual presentations. Program sessions will run concurrently with others. Program session formats can include multiple-speaker sessions, roundtable discussion, question-and-answer, lightning talks, and other innovative formats on specific topics.
Sessions or individual presentations can address any aspect of IPM, such as research, Extension, regulatory actions, policy and IPM in practice. Proposals are encouraged that address the conference theme, and emphasize IPM user perspectives in agriculture and communities, such as those of growers, facility managers, and consultants.
Award Winners Announced
Congratulations to the recipients of the 10th International IPM Achievement Awards! These awards celebrate individuals and groups that have made outstanding achievements in IPM adoption, implementation, and sustainability. Check out the webpage for more information on the winners: https://ipmsymposium.org/2022/awards.html
International IPM Lifetime Achievement Awards of Excellence:
- Dr. Anthony M. Shelton, International Professor of Entomology, Department of Entomology, Cornell University
- Dr. Thomas A. Green, President, IPM Works LLC, and former President, IPM Institute of North America
- Dr. Charles Vincent, Research Scientist (Entomology), Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu Research and
Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
International IPM Lifetime Achievement Awards of Recognition:
- Dr. Tom A. Royer, Professor and IPM Coordinator, Oklahoma State University
- Dr. Rangaswamy N. Muniappan, Director, Integrated Pest Management Innovation Lab (IPM IL), Virginia Tech University
International IPM Awards of Excellence:
- Dr. Jawwad Qureshi, Assistant Professor, University of Florida (IPM Practitioner – Academic)
- Ms. Janet Hurley, Program Specialist, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service (IPM Practitioner –
- Dr. Andrew Sutherland, Area Urban IPM Advisor, University of California Cooperative Extension (IPM Practitioner – Academic)
- Mr. Frank Meek, BCE, Manager Technical Services, Rollins Inc. (IPM Practitioner – Non-Academic)
- Plantwise – CABI (IPM Team)
- California Almond IPM Team, University of California Cooperative Extension (IPM Team)
- IPM Innovation Lab, Virginia Tech University (IPM Team)
International IPM Awards of Recognition:
- Mr. Lynn Braband, Senior Extension Associate, The New York State IPM Program, Cornell University (IPM Practitioner – Academic)
- Dr. Richard Raid, Plant Pathology Professor & Associate Center Director, UF/IFAS/Everglades Research & Education Center (IPM Practitioner – Academic)
- Dr. Shahadath Hossain, Principal Scientific Officer, Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute (BARI), Bangladesh (IPM Practitioner – Academic)
- Mr. Leon Lucas, District Manager, Glades Crop Care Inc. (IPM Practitioner – Non-Academic)
- Prairie Pest Monitoring Network (PPMN), Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Research and Development Centre, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada (IPM Team)
- Honeybear Brands, Elgin, MN (IPM Team)
- Center for Biological Control (CBC) IPM Team, Florida A&M University (IPM Team)
International IPM Awards for Graduate Students:
- Ms. Uta McKelvy, Montana State University (Outstanding Doctoral Student)
–University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
For more articles concerning pest management, click here.