OMAHA, Neb. — Greater Omaha Packing is distributing $15,000 in scholarships to 10 dependents of Greater Omaha employees.
The scholarship program targets high school seniors and graduates who plan to enroll, or are already enrolled, in full-time undergraduate or graduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school. Since the Greater Omaha scholarship program began in 2002, almost $400,000 in scholarships have been distributed to 165 students.
“These students demonstrate the hard work, ambition and commitment to excellence to which all Greater Omaha employees aspire each day,” says Henry Davis, Greater Omaha CEO. “We are deeply appreciative of our employees and honored to support their families in this way.”
This year’s scholarship recipients are:
- Anas Ahamad – University of Nebraska-Lincoln, mechanical engineering; dependent of Greater Omaha employee Koko Oo Abdullah
- Gustavo Servin-Maciel – University of Nebraska-Omaha, geography; dependent of Greater Omaha employee Martin Servin
- Jasmine Spengler – University of South Florida, criminology and psychology; dependent of Greater Omaha employee Mark Spengler
- Jennifer Martinez-Silva – University of Nebraska-Omaha, business; dependent of Greater Omaha employee Rafael Martinez
- Jonathan Rodriguez-Rosas – University of Nebraska-Omaha, business; dependent of Greater Omaha employee Marcos Rodriguez
- Julius Spengler – Florida State University, statistics; dependent of Greater Omaha employee Mark Spengler
- Karen Terrazas – University of Nebraska-Omaha, biology; dependent of Greater Omaha employee Laura Terrazas
- Kira Watson – Capitol School of Hairstyling and Esthetics, cosmetology; dependent of Greater Omaha employee Jennifer Watson
- Nancy Martinez-Silva – University of Nebraska-Omaha, business; dependent of Greater Omaha employee Rafael Martinez
- Vanessa Menjivar – Iowa Western Community College, pre-dental; dependent of Greater Omaha employee Celina Menjivar
“We are thankful for the opportunity to support these students’ education,” Davis says. “Each day, our GOP employees bring their best, committed to producing the highest quality beef to feed the Omaha community and world. Supporting their children’s education is one more opportunity for us to say, ‘Thank you.’”
About Greater Omaha Packing
From pasture to plate, since 1920, Greater Omaha has been known for the finest quality beef products, service, and delivery. As a single-source supplier of the highest quality beef in the world, Greater Omaha processes 2,400 head of the nation’s finest, high-quality cattle each day for customers in retail, food service and manufacturing. With more than $1 billion in annual sales, nearly 1,000 employees, and beef shipments to more than 70 countries around the world, quality is an all-encompassing attitude at Greater Omaha.
— Greater Omaha Packing